Highlights is a collection of Tweets that gives you an instant summary of the best Tweets from your timeline and alerts you twice a day via push notifications. We select your Highlights based on a combination of factors that include:
- Conversations that are popular among people you follow
- Tweets from users in your network
- Topics or events that are trending in your area or within your network
- People that are popular or trending among people you follow
Sounds great. How do I get Highlights?
Highlights is currently available on Twitter for Android. Simply adjust your mobile notifications setting and we’ll start collecting your Highlights and sending you two push notifications a day. Here’s how to adjust your setting:
- Tap the overflow icon and then tap Settings.
- Tap the account for which you’d like to receive Highlights.
- Tap mobile notifications and make sure it’s turned on.
- Check the box next to Highlights.
Once you have opted in to receive Highlights, we’ll start sending push notifications up to twice a day to let you know when your Highlights are ready. Tap the notification to open Twitter and see your Highlights displayed full screen. Swipe right to left to view more Highlights.
You can also get to your Highlights by tapping the Highlights icon located in the top navigation bar.