How do I sign up?
- Log in to the Translation Center with your Twitter username and password.
- Agree to the Translation Center Terms of Service and choose the language you want to translate to. Note: You will only have to do this once and you cannot change your language without a support request, so choose your native language or the one you know best!
- Check the language guidelines in your language forums. Click on the Forums tab at the top of the Translation Center home page and find your language forum, under Language Discussion. (You’ll see a post stickied at the top with your guidelines in it.)
- When translating, you should use the glossary set out for your language by the moderators and community. You can access this by clicking the Help tab at the top of the page and then selecting Glossary in the drop-down menu.
How do I help?
On the Translation Center home page you’ll see the Dashboard. The dashboard is a portal that informs you about any priority tasks, displays the moderators for your language and allows you to participate in translation, learning or evaluation tasks.
- Click through using the Translate option at the top of the dashboard.
- You’ll be presented with a number of different products and projects. Choose a project that you would like to help translate.
- Once you have clicked through into a project, you’ll see the project tags which contain phrases to be translated. A tag usually represents a specific area of a project, i.e. the ‘Settings’ tag will contain strings for translation visible in Twitter.com Settings.
- Begin translating!