About the YouTube Nonprofit Program
The YouTube for Nonprofit Program allows your nonprofit to gain access to a unique set of features and programs that will empower your organization to connect with your supporters, volunteers, and donors.
For many causes, video is a new but essential format for storytelling. With one billion viewers worldwide on YouTube per month, nonprofits of all sizes can reach a global audience.
See how to sign up and learn more about the YouTube Nonprofit Program, so you can start sharing your story.
YouTube Nonprofit Program requirements
The YouTube Nonprofit Program is available in the following countries: Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the United States.
General program requirements
To be eligible, organizations must meet the country-specific requirements listed below, as well as acknowledge and agree to the application’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.Please note that the following organizations are not eligible for the YouTube Nonprofit Program:
- Governmental entities and organizations;
- Hospitals and healthcare organizations;
- Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible)
YouTube and Google reserve the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at YouTube and Google’s discretion, and are not subject to external review.
Program requirements by country
For countries where the YouTube Nonprofit program is offered as a part of the the Google for Nonprofits program, please refer to this resource.
To be eligible for the YouTube Nonprofit Program, French organizations must be registered as a non profit per “loi de 1901.”
- A Trust under the Indian Trusts Act or similar Trusts Act of the respective states in India; or
- A Society under the Societies Registration Act, 1960 or similar Act of the respective states in India; or
- A not for profit Company under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 or Section 8 of the Companies Act 2013. Your organization must have all the requisite permissions to receive the grants under this Program.
Sign up for a YouTube Nonprofit channel
Creating a YouTube Nonprofit channel is easy: if your account is eligible, you may opt into the YouTube Nonprofit Program.
- Confirm you meet the YouTube Nonprofit requirements
- Go to www.youtube.com/nonprofits and click the Apply Now btn
- Wait for the email confirmation outlining the decision
After confirming, you’ll be able to upload content and utilize the exclusive features available to nonprofits and YouTube creators. Be sure to check out other available resources to help you build your YouTube nonprofit channel.
YouTube Nonprofit Program benefits
Enable the donation module to solicit donations from your viewers right on YouTube.
Place Call-to-Action overlays on your videos to let viewers click to visit your website, donate, or learn more about your organization.
Dedicated Technical Support
Have an issue with signing up to the YouTube Nonprofit Program, or with your nonprofit channel? Nonprofit Program members get dedicated email support to make sure technical issues are quickly resolved.
Link Anywhere Cards
Direct your viewers towards your external campaign landing pages via Link Anywhere Cards, a special card type that allows you to link to any external URL.