You’re unable to select a desired username.
- Some usernames may be unavailable for use because they are taken by other users or are unavailable for other reasons.
- If you have a registered trademark that is in use by an account that is potentially inactive or in violation of our trademark policy, please contact us by visiting our Trademark Policies page.
- Trying to change your username on a mobile device? We’re sorry, but the ability to change your username is not currently supported on Twitter’s mobile apps. You’ll need to log in via twitter.com or mobile.twitter.com in order to change your username.
A username is in use by another Twitter account that you own.
If you’re trying to move a username from one of your accounts to another of your accounts, you can do this yourself.
- Log into the account that currently has the desired username.
- Change the username to something else (try adding a number or underscore). This will immediately free up the username for use by other accounts.
- Log into your other account and change the username to the desired username.
- Important! Deactivating an account will not immediately free up the username.