Manage advanced channel settings
You can manage your channel’s advanced settings on the Settings page of your YouTube account:
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- In the top-right, click on your channel icon.
- Select Creator Studio from the drop down menu.
- In the left menu, select Channel.
- Under the channel menu, select Advanced.
Advanced channel settings you can change
If you’re the channel’s manager, you can associate your official website with the YouTube Channel. This lets you incorporate signals from your website’s page rank on www.google.com into YouTube’s search algorithm.
To associate a website with your YouTube channel:
- Enter the URL in the Associated website field.
- Click Add.
- Confirm the association in Google Search Console by following the instructions on how to choose a verification method.
You can have the shortened version of your custom URL redirect your audience to another channel. Just put the URL you’d like to have your shortened URL redirect to in the Redirect URL field.
For example, if your URL is
www.youtube.com/c/YouTubeCreators, you can have your shortened URL (
www.youtube.com/YouTubeCreators) send viewers to the YouTube Nation channel by entering
www.youtube.com/channel/UCUD4yDVyM54QpfqGJX4S7ngin the Redirect URL field.
You can redirect people who are visiting your channel to another channel based on their language, location, age, or gender.
Important: Conditional redirects are only available to partners and advertisers who’ve had this feature enabled by their partner manager or sales representative.
For each row, you can add a rule to set the conditional redirect. Rules are matched from top to bottom and the first rule that matches a user is applied. Here are the rules you can apply:
- Language and location: Specified by full or partial locales (
en_us, en_, or _us).
- Ages: Specified by a comparison (
<, <=, >, >=) and a number.
- Gender: Specified with
- Destination: Either a channel name or
_block. Users that match the
_blockdestination will be redirected to
Example conditional redirects
|Example redirect||Redirect result|
||Keeps all English speakers on this channel.|
||Keeps all users on this channel.|
||Blocks all users who in the United States and under the age of 21 from visiting this channel.|
||Keeps all users who are in the United states, 21 years old or older, and female on this channel and blocks all other users.|
YouTube analytics is a powerful tool that can help you understand video viewership and audience engagement. If you’d like to get a better understanding of visits to your actual channel page, integrating your channel with Google Analytics can help you access this information.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Copy your property’s tracking ID. If you don’t have a one set up, learn how to set up a property in Google Analytics.
- In YouTube’s Advanced Settings menu, go to the Google Analytics property tracking ID field toward the bottom of the page.
- Paste your tracking ID into this field
- Click Save.
http://www.googleadservices.com/image123.gifNote: If you’re a channel owner and you want employ a remarketing pixel, you can only use the AdWords Remarketing pixel.