Sign in to YouTube on Android TV
If you’re signed in to your Android TV with your Google account, you will automatically be signed in to the YouTube app. If you aren’t signed in to your Android TV, here’s how to sign in in:
- In the YouTube app, navigate to Settings in the Guide located on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Sign in tile
- Enter your Google account email and password. At this point, you may be presented with a list of Google identities associated with your account. Be sure to choose a Google+ page that in linked to a YouTube channel. If you select a Google+ page that doesn’t have a YouTube channel, you won’t be able to sign in.
To sign out of the YouTube app, navigate to the Sign out tile. Even though you’ve signed out of the YouTube app, you will still be signed in to your Google account on your Android TV.
If you’d like to sign out of your Android TV or if you’d like to sign in with a different account:
- Navigate to the home screen
- Select Settings
- Choose Remove account
Now you can sign in to a different Google account be selecting Add account.
Watching videos on Android TV
Once you select a video to play, a player controls bar will appear allowing you to perform the following actions:
- Pause / resume – pause or resume the video.
- Forward – select to fast forward by 10 seconds.
- Rewind – select to rewind by 10 seconds.
- Next – jump to the next ideo in a playlist.
- Back – go back to previous video in a playlist.
- Flag – flag the video for inappropriate content.
- CC – if the video has captions, select this to view the video’s closed captions.
Casting to your Android TV
You can use your phone, tablet, or computer to send videos to your Android TV. To get started:
- Make sure your second device and Android TV are on the same WiFi network.
- Select the cast icon to begin casting to your Android TV.
Learn more about casting in the Android TV Help Center.
Paid content on Android TV
Android TV is an easy way to enjoy YouTube paid content on your TV.
Movies and TV shows
Watch movies and TV shows purchased on YouTube by casting them to Android TV by using the Cast btn on your phone, tablet, or computer. For more information on casting to your Android TV, please see the following article.
View purchased live events by casting them to your Android TV device.
Cast YouTube live events to Android TV using the YouTube app for Android.
Open the YouTube app on your Android device and navigate to the desired channel page. During a live event, you’ll see the current event featured at the top of the ‘Uploads’ section. Press the Cast btn in the top right-hand corner to send it to your TV.
Cast YouTube live events to your Android TV using the YouTube app for iOS.
To access your live events, sign into the YouTube app, swipe to reveal the menu, touch your account name, then select Purchases. Open the video you’d like to watch, then press the Cast btn in the top right-hand corner to send it to your TV.
You can watch videos from any paid channels that you’ve subscribed to by signing into the YouTube app and navigating toMy Subscriptions.
Paid channels may also be cast to Android TV using the Cast btn on your phone, tablet, or computer. For more information on casting to your Android TV, please see the following article.
*For general questions about using Android TV, please visit the Android TV Help Center.
Turn off YouTube recommendations on Android TV
If you’d like to remove YouTube recommendation from your Android TV Home screen, you can turn off notifications. To do this:
- From Android TV’s Home screen, scroll down to Settings.
- Select Settings and under “Device” select Apps.
- Find and select the YouTube app.
- From he list that opens, select Notifications.
- Select Off.
*You can learn more about adjusting your device settings in the Android TV Help Center.