What is the Tweet activity dashboard?
The Tweet activity dashboard is a tool you can use to learn more about your Tweets and how they resonate with your audience. For instance:
- See how people engage with your Tweets in real time
- Compare your Tweet activity, and see how it trends over time
- Click on any Tweet to get a detailed view of the number of Retweets, replies, favorites, follows or clicks it receives
- Download your Tweet metrics
How to access the dashboard
To get started, log in to analytics.twitter.com with your Twitter username and password to turn analytics on for your account.
To access your Tweet activity:
- on desktop, visit analytics.twitter.com and click on Tweets.
- on mobile, tap one of your Tweets to get to the Tweet detail, then tap View Tweet activity. Make sure you have installed the latest version of Twitter for iPhone or Twitter for Android.
The Tweet activity dashboard is available to users who primarily Tweet in Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, English, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and have had an account for at least 14 days. We’re working to roll this out to everyone soon.
How to use the dashboard
Click into an individual Tweet to see specific data for that Tweet:
Mobile (available on Twitter for iPhone and Twitter for Android apps):
- App install attempts: Clicks to install an app via the Tweet’s Card
- App opens: Clicks to open an app via the Tweet’s Card
- Detail expands: Clicks on the Tweet to view more details
- Embedded media clicks: Clicks to view a photo or video in the Tweet
- Engagements: Total number of times a user interacted with a Tweet. Clicks anywhere on the Tweet, including retweets, replies, follows, favorites, links, cards, hashtags, embedded media, username, profile photo, or Tweet expansion
- Engagement rate: Number of engagements divided by impressions
- Favorites: Times a user favorited the Tweet
- Follows: Times a user followed you directly from the Tweet
- Hashtag clicks: Clicks on hashtag(s) in the Tweet
- Impressions: Times a user is served a Tweet in timeline or search results
- Leads submitted: Times a user submitted his/her info via Lead Generation Card in the Tweet
- Link clicks: Clicks on a URL or Card in the Tweet
- Permalink clicks: Clicks on the Tweet permalink (desktop only)
- Replies: Times a user replied to the Tweet
- Retweets: Times a user retweeted the Tweet
- Shared via email: Times a user emailed the Tweet to someone
- User profile clicks: Clicks on the name, @handle, or profile photo of the Tweet author
Why can’t I access the Tweet activity dashboard?
To access your Tweet activity details (on desktop or mobile), you’ll need to first make sure you’ve logged in to analytics.twitter.com and turned on analytics for your account.
If you are having trouble accessing the Tweet activity dashboard, your account may not meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Account primarily Tweets in Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, English, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Account is at least 14 days old
- Account does not violate policy
- Account is not deleted, restricted, protected, or suspended
Why can’t I see all of my Tweets?
If you are accessing the Tweet activity dashboard for the first time, you will see impression and engagement data populate for Tweets posted after your first visit to analytics.twitter.com.
How far back will the Tweets load?
Up to 3,200 Tweets going back as far as October 2013.
Are Tweet metrics updated in real time?
Yes, Tweets, along with their impression and engagement metrics, are usually updated within a few seconds.