Facts about YouTube Multi-Channel Networks:
A multi-channel network is an organization that works with video platforms such as YouTube, to offer assistance in areas such as “product, programming, funding, cross-promotion, partner management, digital rights management, monetization/sales, and/or audience development”in exchange for a percentage of the ad revenue from the channel, according to Wikipedia.
YouTube has scaled unimaginable heights when it comes to promoting content in the form of video. What started as a simple service for one to upload videos of any genre or kind, has now grown to a stage where it has become the backbone of the YouTube race. It has now reached the pinnacle of success whereby other #technologies wish to partner with YouTube to help the channels that belong to specific products, market them and bring about a promotional events that help steer the product’s brand. This multi-channel network concept has opened the flood gates and is bringing in more and more collaborations among business of every kind.
Here are a few areas where MCNs can provide value in:
- Some promote your channel via collaboration with other creators and tools.
- Some may have their own ad sales team for advertising and sales.
- Some may create the adequate marketing strategies to help promote the product of a particular channel that garners heavy traffic.
- Some share best practices and recommendations on how to optimise your content.
- Some may provide production studios and facilities for their creators and build tools to help streamline production.
In short, building a business (or an audience) in the video category has become incredibly popular. Millions of people are using YouTube on a daily basis. It’s the favoured search tool of the millennial generation. Now, with MCN’s it’s going to get bigger and better. Have you jumped on to this bandwagon yet? Read more here