Just getting started on Instagram? Here are some steps you can take to make sure your brand takes full advantage of the platform right away. We’ve included support links for each step in case you need any further explanation of how something works.
- Sign up for an Instagram account and choose a username that clearly represents your brand
- Add a profile photo, a biography and a link to your website
- Link your account to Facebook and many other third-party sharing sites where you have an account. This will allow you to:
Share photos to those services.
Let your Facebook friends find you easily when using our Find Friends tool. It’ll also create a news story in Instagram for anyone who follows you on Facebook and has linked their Facebook account to Instagram.
- Announce to your Facebook followers that you’re on Instagram. Let them know your Instagram username and show non-iPhone/Android followers where they can see your Instagram photos.
- Use and search tags to connect with your audience. Try these tips for using hashtags
- Start sharing photos on Instagram and across your other social networks. Check out the Instagram for Business blog for examples of how brands use Instagram.