What you get to do:
The YouTube Copyright Coordinator will learn YouTube’s backend content management system (CMS) to protect and monitor our clients’ video and audio intellectual property (IP) copyrights. Attention to detail, strong research, and excellent communication skills are key for this position, as the position will be tasked with gathering video & audio metadata, speaking with clients, and implementing their daily policies. The YouTube Copyright Coordinator will also be responsible from time to time for maintaining client channels within the Aux Mode CMS.
You will use YouTube’s system for managing clients’ intellectual property rights. The platform partially consists of three major components:
- The YouTube rights management system identifies the owners and administrators of your intellectual property and defines the policies used to enforce the clients rights
- Content ID automatically scans YouTube videos for content that matches your intellectual property and applies the defined rights policy to the matching video
- YouTube videos are the (optional) public representation of your intellectual property.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE:
- Review copyright list daily and keep organized detailed process of where left off.
- Conduct day-to-day CMS tasks, with main responsibility around monitoring copyright activity, reviewing potential claims, filing disputes, and claiming 3rd-party videos.
- Manage and prioritize ownership conflicts and coordinate 3rd-party outreach. Coordinate with our internal team before starting mediation on any ownership conflict.
- Meet with YouTube Rights Management Coordinator daily to discuss and assist on follow-up for pending policy implementation.
- Reaching out to clients to better understand their licensing agreements and mediate potential IP conflicts.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets of audio and video metadata
- Stay up-to-date with YouTube best practices and rights management as rules for platform change.
YOUR BACKGROUND LIKELY INCLUDES:
- Related experience in Content Protection, DRM, and/or Rights Management, focused on digital video, and ideally YouTube and/or Facebook knowledge.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to balance independent and team-oriented tasks (i.e., self-motivated team player).
- Strong analytical, consultative, and rights management skills.
- Effective time management skills—ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- An interest in YouTube, digital video, and online ad-tech.
- Experience managing a YouTube channel and dealing with copyright management.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Google business products (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Spreadsheets, Google Drive)
- Basic understanding of audio and video publishing and copyright
- Background in implementing Intellectual Property (IP) license agreements
- High level of comfort escalating and presenting key issues to senior management when appropriate.
- Prior work experience in Intellectual Property Rights, Law, Technology, and/or Digital Media
BONUS POINTS IF (PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH)
- Content Management Systems (CMS) at an enterprise level
- Experience with CRM platforms, such as Copper CRM, SalesForce or HubSpot
- YouTube Certified (Digital Rights or similar course)
- Back-end and analytics experience of social platforms tools
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Flexible dress code
- Frequent company socials
- Health, dental and vision benefits
Please apply via www.auxmode.com