What you get to do:
We are looking for a highly organized and hard-working individual who wants to work closely with a dynamic, forward looking company In the digital media sector. Our ideal Controller is driven, inquisitive, responsive and detail-oriented.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Produce complete and accurate financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual or as required basis.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts monthly.
- Provide monthly services to update the models with current data as it comes available.
- Monthly analysis of reports.
- Timely and accurate processing of payroll bi-weekly including compiling, checking and transmitting.
- Prepare master monthly client payment spreadsheet and statements
- Add any new clients/channels/changes
- Ongoing client follow up regarding payments, bank information, and any issues.
- Tax filing online monthly
- Prepare and submit government remittances such as HST.
- Maintain comprehensive and up to date filing systems related to all accounting functions.
- Communication with Clients for accounting questions.
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts, weekly, monthly, or as required.
- Reconcile credit card accounts and expenses.
- Reconcile Benefits monthly
- Implement/streamline accounting processes.
Your background likely includes:
- Fluency in financial systems(Quickbooks), internal controls, financial analysis and processes.
- Deadline oriented and results focused, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced startup environment.
- Ability to balance independent and team-oriented tasks (i.e., self-motivated team player).
- Strong analytical and consultative skills.
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years experience with QuickBooks
- Recognized Accounting designation with a minimum of 5 years of progressive post designation work experience.
- Prior work experience in technology and/or media and/or account management is a plus.